The South Coast Wonders Tour
The south coast of Iceland provides an amazing array of fascinating natural attractions that will be etched in your memory long after this tour is over. Whether you are a lover of nature, history or geography, a photography buff, keen hiker or none of the above, there is something for everyone on this unforgettable tour.
Our itinerary: Reykjavik-Selfoss-Hella-Hvolsvöllur-Vík and return to Reykjavik the same way we came.
Highlights of this tour include-
- Seljalandsfoss – one of the few waterfalls in Iceland that you can walk behind.
- Skogarfoss – dear to hearts of all Icelanders, this famous waterfall is surrounded by legends and intrigue. We also take time to visit the very interesting Skogar Folk Museum.
- The black sand beaches around Dyrhólaey and Reynisfjara cliffs offer breathtaking views of the whole south coast for as far as the eye can see. In June the puffins start to arrive so with any luck we will get to see these adorable birds.
- Our last stop takes us to Vík, a town of historical importance in an exceptionally picturesque location, with great photo opportunities around every corner.
- There will be time for a lunch break and a look inside the souvenir shops in Vik.
Trip duration: 10 – 12 hours